Spring Budget 2017: Other highlights
8th March 2017
Chancellor Philip Hammond has finished delivering Spring Budget 2017.
Here is our summary of the other key announcements from his speech.
Measures were introduced to reduce tax avoidance, evasion and non-compliance, including action to stop businesses converting capital losses into trading losses and tackling abuse of foreign pension schemes.
The Soft drinks levy rates were confirmed at 18p for the main band and 24p for the higher band.
The government will take steps to increase consumer protection including:
- protection from unfair or unexpected fees
- simplifying terms and conditions
- giving consumer bodies greater powers of enforcement.
Transport funding including £90 million for the North and £23 million for the Midlands.
Funding for devolved administrations:
- £350 million for Scotland
- £200 million for Wales
- Almost £120 million for Northern Ireland.